LOVE AND PEACE FOR ALL by MOTHER TERESA

 ''On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, ''Come enter the Kingdom, for  I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me.'' Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, ''depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me.''
                    As we have gathered here to pray together, I think it will be beautiful if we begin with a prayer that expresses very well what Jesus wants us to do for the least.
Let us thank God for the opportunity He has given us today to come here to pray together. We have come here especially to pray for peace, joy and love. We are reminded that Jesus came to bring the good news to the poor. He had told us what is that good news when He said,'' My peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.''He came not to give the peace of the world, which is only that we don't bother each other. He came to give the peace of heart, which comes from loving-from doing good to others.
                    And God loved the world so much that He gave His Son it was a giving. God gave His Son to the Virgin Mary, and what did she do with Him? as soon as Jesus came into Mary's life, immediately she went in haste to give that good news. And as she came into the house of her cousin, Elizabeth, Scripture tells us that the unborn child-the child in womb of Elizabeth-leapt with joy. While still in the womb of Mary-Jesus brought peace to John the Baptist who leapt for joy in the womb of Elizabeth.
And as if that were not enough, that God the Son should become one of us and bring peace and joy while still in the womb of Mary, Jesus also died on the Cross-to show that greater love. He died for you and for me, and for that leper and for that man dying of hunger and that naked person lying in the street, not only to Calcutta, but Africa, and everywhere.
Our Sisters serve these poor people in 105 countries throughout the world, Jesus insisted that we love one another as He loves each one of us. Jesus gave His life to love us and He tells us that we also have to give whatever it takes to do good to one another. And in the Gospel Jesus says very clearly: 'Love as I have loved you.'
                    Jesus died on the Cross because that is what it took for Him to do well to us-to save us from our selfishness in sin. He gave up everything to do the Father's will-to show us that we too much be willing to give up everything to do God's will-to love one another as He loves each of us. That is why we too must give to each other until it hurts.
                    It is not enough for us to say: ' I Love God,' but I also have to love my neighbour. St. John says that you are a liar if you say you love God and you don't love your neighbour. How can you love God whom you don't see if you don't love your neighbour whom you see, whom you touch, with whom you live? And so it is very important for us to realize that love, to be true, has to hurt. I must be willing to give whatever it takes not to harm other people and, in fact, to do good to them. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is no true love in me and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me.
                    It hurt Jesus to love us. We have been created in His image for greater things, to love and to be loved. We just ''put on Christ'' as Scripture tells us. And so, we have been created to love as He loves us. Jesus makes Himself the hungry one, the naked one, the homeless one, the unwanted one, and He says, 'You did it unto Me.' On the last day, He will say to those on His rights, 'whatever you did to the least of these, you did to Me, and He will also say to those on His left, whatever you neglected to do for the least of those, you neglected to do it for Me.' ''
These are the passages taken from the speeches of Mother Teresa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"All Mankind Is From ADAM and EVE "

How POVERTY Affects Student's Behaviour and Academic Skills

Knowledge is Power