PROFOUND RELATIONSHIP WITH VALUES by Pope John Paul ||

 '' Our Lady of Jasna Gora is the teacher of true love for all. And this is particularly important for you, dear young people. In you, in fact, is decided that form of love which all of your life will have and, through you, human life on Polish soil: the matrimonial, family, social and national form-but also the priestly, religious and missionary one. Every life is determined and evaluated by the interior form of love. Tell me what you love, and I will tell who you are.
My dear friends! It is up to you to put up a firm barrier against immorality, a barrier, I say, to those social vices which I will not here call by name but which you yourselves are perfectly aware of. You must demand this of yourselves, even if others do not demand it of you. Historical experiences tell us how much the immorality of certain periods cost the whole nation. Today when we are fighting for the future form of our social life, remember that this form depends on what people will be like. Therefore: watch!
'I watch' also means: I see another, I do not close in on myself, in a narrow search for my own interests, my own judgments. 'I watch' means: love of neighbour; it means: fundamental inter human solidarity.
Before Mother of Jasna Gora I wish to give thanks for all the proofs of this solidarity, which have been given by my compatriots, including Polish youth, in the difficult period of not many months ago. It would be difficult for me to enumerate here all the forms of this solicitude which surrounded those were interned, imprisoned, dismissed from work, and also their families. You know this better than I.
My dear ones, I will not a comparative analysis. I will only say that it is what costs that constitute value. It is not, in fact, possible to be truly free without an honest and profound relationship with values. We do not want a Poland, which costs us nothing. We watch, instead, besides all that makes up the authentic inheritance of the generations, seeking to enrich it. A nation, then, is first of all rich in its people, rich in man, rich in youth. Rich in every individual who watches in the name of truth: it is truth, in fact, that gives form to love.
My dear young friends! Before our common Mother and the Queen of our hearts, I desire finally to say to you that she knows your sufferings, your difficult youth, your sense of injustice and humiliation, and the lack of prospects for the future that is so often felt, perhaps the temptations to flee some other world
Mother of Jasna Gora, you who have been given to us by Providence for the defence of the Polish nation, accept this evening this call of the Polish youth together with the Polish Pope, and help us to persevere in hope! Amen.''

These paragraphs are taken from the speech of Pope John Paul.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Don't Enjoy the Subject You're Studying.

How POVERTY Affects Student's Behaviour and Academic Skills

Knowledge is Power